02 September 2012

Personal Triumph for Mama, Elijah and the Ergo

I have tried to breastfeed in several different carriers several times and have just found it easier to sit down, take Elijah out of his carrier and latch on. I have especially tried the feed in the Ergo on our walk several times because I end up having to stop at the park, find a bench and nurse which is not so much fun in the horrible Texas heat, even in the morning. WELL.....this morning, Elijah started getting a little fussy/hungry and we were not yet to the park so I decided to give it one more try and....SUCCESS!!!! Everything that needed to line up just right did and we didn't even have to loosen straps, unhook or anything! My little guy latched on like a champ, nursed while I continued to walk and fell asleep at the breast after about 20 minutes. I wish I had taken the time to learn to feed him as an infant in my ring slings. I tried a few times but, as I said, I took the "easy" way and just sat down and took him out. I do think it is probably easier to feed babies in the slings as they get older and have more control.  I am hoping that this will open up a whole new world of nursing convenience for us!  Elijah is still in the Ergo as I type this and just latched on again. YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment