19 September 2012

Elijah Sits Up And A Visit From Grandmama and Pop

Two fun things happened this weekend.  Grandmama and Pop came for another visit to Houston AND ELIJAH STARTING SITTING UP UNSUPPORTED AT FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS OLD! What a fun weekend!


Sitting Up
My parents came in for the Astros versus Phillies game which Chip, Brad, Mark and Daddy went to together while Elijah and I hung out with Mom on Saturday night.  Elijah and I decided to go stay with them at the hotel Friday night for a fun sleepover. This is when Elijah decided to showcase his new talent: sitting unsupported! I have been giving him opportunities to practice crawling and sitting on the floor a few times a day but up until that night, had toppled over after a few seconds. Well, all of a sudden, he became a SITTING BOY, NO FALLING OVER! It was so cool to watch and I was so glad that my parents got to experience that "first" with us!  I, of course, snapped plenty of pictures though some are of the back of his head because I didn't want to distract him and have him fall over. Heehee.

No hands! He puts them down in the other pictures but is consistently able to sit without using his hands to balance. 

"Look at me Grandmama! I'm a sitting boy!"


"I see you Mama!"
Giggle with Pop
Elijah adores Pop and CRACKS UP every times he holds him. I am not sure what the two of them are cracking up about but it is hysterical. Pop keeps asking Elijah when he will get some hair.

"Pop you are so funny"

They are just too cute together!
Mommy and Elijah And Their Matching "The Cure" Shirts
This really has nothing to do with the weekend but anyone that knows me, know that my very favorite band is The Cure. My cousin, Susie, knows this best because she shares the same passion for the band. One of her shower gifts to Elijah was his very first "The Cure" onesie! Well, it fits him now and so I brought it along with my own "The Cure" shirt for us to wear together this weekend. 

Looking cool with Mama!

Love our "matching" shirts!

Susie chose a very classic look. This is from The Cure's first single, "Boys Don't Cry"...appropriate!

So sweet!

I can't wait to take him to a Cure concert!
First Portrait at a Studio
A few months ago, I bought a couple Groupons for Picture People and decided to redeem one of them while my parents were in town since there was a studio so close to their hotel. Elijah learned to sit up just in time for his pictures! It was a really great deal and we have one voucher left so we will be going back for a family portrait in October!

The actual picture is more centered. I scanned this myself and did not do a good job centering it since our scanner is 8x10 and the photo is a bit larger than that. But what a cutie pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment