21 September 2012

Adventures In Babywearing: Didymos Lilies Tussah Silk Woven Wrap

 I was so excited to purchase my first woven wrap! I had used the Moby which is stretchy but after trying on several wovens at North Houston Babywearers Meetings, I found that I liked the feel of the silk/cotton blend and was anxious to find one! I lucked out on The Babywearing Swap on Facebook and found a BARELY used Didymos Lillies Tussah Silk Wrap which I later learned is a more rare and sought after wrap. It is beautiful! And Elijah really seems to like it as well!  I only know a few different "carrys" right now but I am enjoying the Rucksack back carry the best, though it is really neat to be able to nurse in this as well. One of the seasoned babywearing veterans (Thanks Krystal!) showed me how to do that and I LOVE IT!  Wrapping is definitely not for everyone and when I need something quick and easy, like when I go grocery shopping, I rely on soft structured carriers and ring slings,  but wrapping definitely has a place in our lives. It is great for around the house. Today I threw Elijah on my back and got a lot more done! I am still learning and I know as I get more comfortable with wrapping, I will incorporate this carrier into more areas of our life and it will help my bond with Elijah while getting more done.   Next on the list is a Gypsy Mama Bali Breeze Wrap! Maybe for Christmas. :)
Elijah seems to like the new view! 

I am able to get him a lot higher than I can with my SSC's which he seems to enjoy

I like being cheek to cheek with him when I turn my head

Practicing a front carry!

Rear view....not exactly even but we are still learning

A way to nurse in the woven wrap. It was awesome! Elijah was so comfy, he fell asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment