16 September 2012

Sensory Bottles

Yet another gem from Pinterest; Sensory Bottles. They are simple enough, just empty bottles that you fill with  odds and ends from around the house (or the dollar store in my case) then fill with water so your baby or toddler can enjoy shaking them up and watching all these little objects float around. Again, not rocket science but it seemed like a fun little project.  I think Elijah is still a little small for them but I am happy to have them made and will incorporate them into his play as he gets a little bigger. The orignal idea came from Pink Pistachio, a blog that has some neat ideas. Here is how our sensory bottles turned out!

All my fun stuff to fill the bottles! I have extras left over in case I want to make more...or for future projects. The bottles I used were organic apple juice bottles that look like apples. So cool!

Elijah looks like he is not too sure about this project. He thinks it was just an excuse for his Mama to play with glitter and feathers!

Ready for his sensory bottles!

Here is the first one. It has all kinds of glitter, beads, feathers and pom poms. Not too bad. 

This one turned out really cool! My boy loves sea life so I made an ocean themed bottle with blue food coloring, fish and blue glitter. This one turned out pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment