27 September 2012

Adventures in Babywearing: The Beco Gemini

The Beco Gemini is a soft structured carrier and IT IS AWESOME! It is more heavily padded than my Ergo...there fore a little hotter but very comfortable. I keep it in my car and use it when I will be doing a lot of walking, especially indoors like shopping, etc. It doesn't work as well for sitting down like in restaurants so I reserve that for my K'tan and Ring Slings.  But the Beco is great for everything else. It is super easy to get Elijah in and out of and it is the only SSC that you can face the baby out which Elijah loves.  It is also very Daddy friendly.

 You can also wear him on your back in this carrier but I prefer my woven wraps and Ergo for back carrys. I like to keep my Beco adjusted for comfortable front carrys. The Beco is a little larger than the Ergo so Elijah was a little bigger when he started riding in it but one of the great features is that the back of it folds up for head support if needed. This is great if you will be doing a lot of bending over (like if you are doing laundry).  We use the Beco almost every day (along with the Ergo and K'tan).

Ready to do some serious shopping with Mama!

Forward facing so he can see all the action!

Baby wearing Daddy!
Snoozing during our monthly Trader Joe's visit!

Not the best option for eating out

No comments:

Post a Comment