01 October 2012

Adventures in Babywearing: The K'tan

I have had my K'tan since before Elijah was born but didn't start using it until he was about a month old, pretty much because I didn't know how. Once I went YouTube and learned, I couldn't believe I hadn't used it from the very beginning. It is so easy and so cozy! It quickly became and continues to be one of our most loved and most used carriers.  Sizing is very important with the K'tan. A small worked very well right after I had him but as I lost the baby weight and then some, he started to sag a bit and I realized I needed to go down a size.  Since it is a stretchy carrier, it will have a tendency to stretch out anyway but I find that a trip in the washing machine and dryer will spring it right back into shape, just like new! We just got our new K'tan in the mail the other day and I am thrilled with the sizing.  It is the perfect carrier for when Elijah is sleeping. I can tuck his little head a way and he is not disturbed by what is going on around us. It is also one that I use when we go out to eat or when I will be sitting for an extended period of time. This has been my "go to" carrier for air travel. It is perfect for an airplane! It is very much like a wrap but so much easier for when you need to get him in and out...and in an out....etc. You get the idea. I love my woven wraps very much but they aren't the easiest thing to manage when you are in a hurry or dealing with TSA and flights.  I highly recommend the K'tan!
Elijah is comfortably sleeping in the K'tan at a nice family dinner out.  Normally I tuck his head away in the panels but I popped it out for the photo op!

Making our way through the Houston Intercontinental Airport this summer on our way to San Francisco! It was a breeze to take him in and out of his K'tan!

Elijah spent most of the plane ride wrapped in his K'tan and very content. Not a peep from him the whole trip!

This is a size small, like my original and you can see he sags in it a bit and that it was time for a better fit. 

My new perfectly sized K'tan! I love it! 

Happy Baby Happy Mama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment