27 October 2012

Pumpkin Carving and Family Night Out


The Parish family had an amazing weekend filled Halloween spirit and family fun! Chip and I have enjoyed the tradition of carving pumpkins together for years. It was so much fun to do it this year as a family of three....especially because I was able to live out one of my Mommy/Halloween/Pumpkin Carving dreams! Chip got pretty creative with his pumpkin as well. It was a great day and perfect cool, fall weather to get us in the spirit! After we were finished with our creations and Elijah had a nap, we went out for a family dinner to Lupe Tortilla. It was the picture perfect day, one of those days that you wish you could live over and over again.
"What do I want to make with my pumpking?"

"I know! Pumpkin Pie!"

Mama and her blank canvas.

Daddy has given himself quite the challenge.  Can he do it?

Let the annual Parish pumpkin carving commence! 

"Daddy, you're funny!"

Scooping out the yummy seeds!

What is Mama making with her pumpkin....hmmm.....
That is my kind of pumpkin pie!

I have wanted to do this for years!

My baby is such a good sport!

I just love that bright orange!

Love that baby!
Elijah is fascinated by his socks. 

Wrigley joined in on the fun. 

Mama and her finished pumpkin!

Perfect size to fit in a pumpkin!

Getting in some cuddles while Daddy works on his masterpiece. 

Mwah!

The fruits of over an hours worth of labor

The fruits of twelve hours of labor. :)

Wrigley is worn out! He worked hard today.

In the light. 

Okay you have to admit, that is pretty darn awesome! Yup, MY husband carved that!

Lots of yummy pumpkin seeds to bake!

Ready for our dinner date with Daddy!

Love our matching legs!

Waiting for our table

Rare photo of the three of us at the same time :)

Daddy had burp duty after Elijah ate his dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment