12 October 2012

A Visit To The Houston Children's Museum

Elijah and I had the opportunity to go the Houston Children's Museum today with my new "Mama Friend", Cynthia (Matheson). What a great day and a terrific museum! There are so many different sections for all ages! We spent most of our time in the baby area and Elijah THRIVED! There were tons of mirrors and toys and other children! He was determined to get this purple ball and worked very hard for about twenty minutes! Not a bad attention span for five months! Every time he got close to it, he pushed it a little further away. But he never got frustrated, just concentrated so hard at the task at hand. It was PRECIOUS! I can't wait to take him again. I just loved how everything was padded, and soft and safe.  I was also impressed with the cleanliness, especially in the baby and toddler area. It was closely monitored and adults had to put medical covers on their shoes.  Elijah just lit up in this environment and I can see that we will need to make this a regular treat for him!

Mommy and Elijah ready for our adventure!

His eyes got BIG when we walked into the Toddler Room!

My baby ready to play!

He loved this sensory pole!

Elijah and our friend, Sarah!

Big smiles!

Elijah giving Cynthia a gentle pat. 

Sweet feet ready to climb!

My baby is getting so big

My boy love his mirrors!

Elijah is "SO BIG"!

"Who's that baby?

Big smiles for Mama!

He was so fascinated by the purple ball!

Almost got it!

This thing was so cool! It was padded and he could maneuver around inside it!

Sweet boy

"Look Ma, no hands!"

Ok, he has been doing this lately. It totally looks like he is trying to stand!
Time for a baby gate for our stairs!

1 comment: