04 September 2012

Fridge Makeover!

I saw this really cool idea on Pinterest of turning wine corks into magnets. The theme of our kitchen is wine and grapes (a theme in progress) so this is perfect for us. "Pop" is a wine connoisseur so I asked him to send us down 20 wine corks for me to play with. I think they turned out pretty darn well! I wish the magnets were a little stronger but they seem to hold up our "gallery" of photos quite well!  I am super excited about being able to make things for the decor for our home. I have never been very crafty so it will be fun to see what I am able to accomplish! This was pretty easy. I just drew a line done the diameter of the cork and cut it in half. Then, using a glue gun, I glued two small magnets to the cut side (lengthwise) of the cork, let it dry and stuck them on the fridge. Viola!

THE BEFORE! WHAT A CRAZY MESS!

STILL BEFORE.......ITS A HODGE PODGE OF CRAZINESS!

STUFF EVERYWHERE!

THE TOOLS: Magnets, corks, a knife, a pen and a glue gun. LOVED using my glue gun!

Here is the back side of the finished product!

Such an improvement!

Magnets that match our kitchen!

Love the way this looks!

The perfect touch to our fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment