01 December 2012

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas


Chip and I have always decorated our home on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. This year, we were out of town and so it had to be put off until we returned.  Elijah came down with an ear infection Thursday night (more on that later) and was not feeling well Friday but we managed to get out the decorations and get everyone put up throughout the weekend. We love Christmas and it is our favorite holiday season! I know this will be the Christmas season yet, celebrating our son's first Christmas!

Our boy, smiling as always, even with a 102 degree fever. 

"Mama I want to help you hang the Christmas Wreath!"

I have been looking for this type of fake mistletoe for years! We finally found it at Willow Run in New Jersey! Ready for some smoochin!

Christmas in my kitchen!

I have a talking Herby the dentist from Rudolph claymation. Elijah loved watching him sing. 
A touch of Christmas in the powder room

I love our Christmas mantle

TV was tuned to the Christmas music station!

Mama just loves her penguins!



This is one of my favorite pieces, a gift from Grandma Parish two Christmases ago!

The dining room table is where our gingerbread house will go when I make it!~

This funny little guy is from Chip's family's collection. We found a nice spot for him on our key hooks!

I love this Rudolph made by Elijah's Great Grandaddy McCraw!

The kitchen table will be the perfect spot for the GINGERBREAD TREE that we are going to make this year!
We had a yummy dairy free egg nog to sip while we made our house Christmas beautiful!

I love putting garland on the stairs

Elijah was quite content to help Mama with the decorating

Since Elijah was sick, Daddy went out and got the tree himself. He picked out a great one!

It started raining as soon as he got home so he had to bring it in through the garaage

Elijah took a little snooze. He started to get a little sweaty so I laid him on the couch still wrapped in his Mei Tai

That nap didn't last long. Elijah awoke in a great mood and ready to play with tinsel.....supervised of course!

What a trooper!

We got in a little walking practice!

Elijah was very fascinated by our tree and all the pretty lights. 

"Mama, did you see there is a TREE in our house!"

My cutie pie!

Daddy doing some decorating. 
Mama and Elijah getting ornaments hung!

I had fun showing Elijah my pregnancy ornament from last year. He was about the size of an avocado when we got this!

Our beautiful tree all lit up....Elijah sneaking a peak of our Christmas movie, Elf.  Uh, no TV Elijah! :)

Our baby was worn out after all that activity and a day of being sick. 

Sleeping happily in Daddy's arms. 

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care........
 I had a little fun playing with different settings on my camera. We would be taking our Christmas card photos the next day!



2 comments:

  1. Hey are you loving wrapping... you gotta teach me!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to! You should come to the next Gouston Wrappers meeting with me! It's the first Monday of every month!

    ReplyDelete