23 December 2012

Pre-Christmas Weekend: A Family Gathering

The Parish Family got their Christmas celebrations started early this year the weekend before Christmas! Not only did Josh and Virginia Beard (Chip's sister and brother in law) come into town for Christmas but Granny, Uncle Paul, Aunt Shirley and Annie (Aunt Linda) came in for the weekend so we could all be together for a couple of days! It was so wonderful to spend time with everyone, especially since this was Elijah's first Christmas! Annie surprised us all and came in a day early before everyone else, so Elijah and I had a fun day of visiting Grandma's School, lunch and Shopping with Grandma and Annie! Elijah just loves his Great Annie and it seems to be totally mutual! Everyone else would arrive later that night. Elijah got to meet his Great Uncle Paul for the very first time.  It was such a special weekend. And since a picture is worth a thousand words.......

Elijah loved getting time with his Great Annie!


Daddy loves his boy!

Playtime with Uncle Josh! What a great Godfather!


"Oooooohhhh, look at the pretty tree"


We got some special time at the park with Grandma!

"Weeeeeeee!!!!! This is fun, Grandma!"

"I get you, Grandma!"

He just loves his time on the swings!

Such a sweet boy.

Granddad makes his little fella laugh.

Great Granny could not believe how much "her baby" has grown!

Granny loved having all of her kids together!

Sweet boy (and his dog) all ready for church

Such a happy boy

"Here I come, Mama!"

"I'm such a big boy, Mama"

Ready for church with Mama!

"Uncle Josh, you are so silly"

Granddad and Elijah share lots of secrets.

Awww, such a sweet moment with Granddad.

Elijah loved having a snack with the big guys!

"See, I'm one of the big boys!"

Henry is an Elijah sized dog....much smaller than his Wrigley!

We had so much fun playing a family game of Pokeno....I called it Piccolo.....

Aunt Shirley, Granny and Annie had a great time......

But not as much fun as me...I won 4 games in a row! Granny said it was beginners luck!

I love the chance for a family photo with all three of us!

Elijah listens to stories from Aunt Virginia

Looking out the window waiting for Daddy with Uncle Josh.

Mama and Elijah snuck away for some  more time at the park

I love the big Santa Clause


Col. Reb is Chip's favorite! He threatens to steal him every year!

Uncle Paul loved meeting his sweet great nephew!

Another fine Parish Family tradition started the first Christmas Chip and I spent together with his brother in law, Josh. Josh is a very sleep deprived fellow, first from law school and now from work. He naps like no other. Chip and I enjoy setting up funny nap photos where Chip pretends to nap with his brother in law in very "cozy" positions. We were happy to continue this tradition!

Uncle Paul knows just how to make that baby giggle.

I just loved this shot of Annie and Elijah, especially when I edited it to black and white. Precious.

After dinner Elijah and Granddad had some more guy time

Grandma is so infatuated with our little guy.

"Tell me more, Aunt Virginia:

"Great Annie, I really love you"

"My Uncle Josh cracks me up!"


"I LOVE MY GODFATHER!!!"

Elijah got to open some of his Christmas gifts a few days early!

He is an expert gift opener already!


"Mama, this paper tastes so good!"
We love the awesome piggy bank from Uncle Paul and Aunt Shirley! It will be a great way to teach our boy about money and how to save!




We loved the diaper cover that Aunt Virginia made herself! It even had Winnie the Pooh on the butt!

He also loved the mini Wrigley dog from Uncle Josh and Aunt Virginia

Daddy had fun helping Elijah open his gifts.

Such a cute little tushy. I love how his cloth diapers make his rear so cute and poofy!


1

No comments:

Post a Comment