06 December 2012

Granddad's Christmas Show

Granddad is starring in a Christmas show as Santa! It is so cool! The Sr. Parish's church is putting on this big Christmas show. It is happening this weekend but since we will be out of town, Elijah and I attended the dress rehersal. It is going to be spectacular!  One of our family traditions in my home growing up was attending the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular and I dearly miss it.  This show has such a similar feel (minus the Rockettes of course). Granddad is participating in the "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" skit and I swear he could have marched right on stage with the Radio City Santas for that same skit! It is so cool....and pretty hilarious! There are three Santa's and they all do these funny little dances. I am not sure where Granddad has been hanging out but he has some moves!  Elijah was decked out in an adorable "Santa's Little Helper" and looked the part of the doting Grandson.  He just loved every second of this performance and was "singing" along. It was so adorable! He literally was trying to sing the Christmas carols and was on his feet so he could see better.  It made me realize I need to get him to the free shows at Miller Outdooor Theater because he just loved all the live action and music! It was a really cool night!  Elijah and I went over to Grandma and Granddad's house a little early so we could get some time to visit.

Decked out in Christmas!

My smiling baby!

I love the cute Santa on the butt. Perfect for tonight's festivities!

"Okay, Mama, I am ready to see Santa....AGAIN!"
Some walking practice with Granddad!

Granddad lifted Elijah on his shoulders and my baby LOVED the view from up there!

"Excuse me but have you seen my Santa hat?"

"Found it!"

There's that cute tushy again!

Getting in some quick playtime before we head to the show!

There's nothing like French kisses from a dog
Ready to see the show!

Elijah was just mesmerized but it all.

Love the candlelight feature on my camera so you can see the expression on his face while watching. 

This one is blurry but I just thought the look on his face was is so precious. 



All the effects and lighting in the show were amazing!

There was lots of incredible vocalists. 

Here's Granddad! He is the Santa on the right. (I know the REAL Santa would have approved!)

These "Santa's" had some MOVES!

Granddad looks like one of the Supremes.... "Stop in the Name of Love!"

This one my favorite move! It made me question where Granddad's been hanging out lately!

Look how into he gets. I love it!
"Granddad you were great. Can I have your autograph!"

We may need to frame this one. (Rick Warner, I see you behind that beard!)

"Ok let me get this straight....you are Santa"

"But wait, am I seeing double?"

Add caption

"Ok this beard is coming off"

This baby loves Christmas trees!

Great shot!

Elijah is having fun with the people sitting behind us

What an awesome night!


No comments:

Post a Comment