27 November 2012

Elijah's First Snow!

Our very last day in New Jersey, Elijah got to experience his first snow! I have always loved the snow and remember many afternoons and evenings sledding at Hillside Elementary with my BFF, Elizabeth Lammer (Sutherland). It is one of the things I miss most about life on the East Coast and I had not seen snow myself since the Christmas after we were married and even then it was a minimal amount. This day began with just flurries but broke out into a full blown snow storm! Cathy and I spent the day shopping before it really started to come down and it was really fun getting to ride around in the winter wonderland and see everything in the pretty white blanket. As soon as we got home we bundled Elijah up in a snow suit that had been our cousin Bobby's, as well as hat and gloves and took Elijah's very first snow photos!

We woke up to some light and very wet snow that we did not  think would stick. 

We decided to get a quick photo on our way out in case the snow was gone by the time we got back

Happily, there was a decent amount of accumulation when we returned and so I quickly put on Elijah's snow suit that I didn't think he would ever get to use!

Ready to venture outside!

My snow baby!

Trying to suck his thumb with gloves on

"Mama, can I go play now"

Such a fun moment with my boy

Our winter wonderland

Snowy fun with Mimi!

Such a special day










No comments:

Post a Comment