26 November 2012

Seven Months

Seven Months Old. My baby is SEVEN MONTHS! He continues to be such a sweetie and all about exploring his little world.  He loves to walk with help and is trying to learn to balance when standing. He frequently lets go but topples down after a second or two. I do think that he will be legitimately walking by Christmas or shortly after. He prefers to be vertical and will crawl only to get to something to pull up on. He says "Mama" and "Mom" a lot now but not on command. We are working on Bye Bye with  hand wave. What he will sometimes do on command is smile for the camera. Sometimes he does this when I just pull out the camera which I love! He is totally my artistic muse for photography and I am having so much fun with our mini little photo shoots! The Halloween ones were so fun and  I am super excited about some ideas I have for the Christmas season! He is such a good sport through it all.

It has been really fun to watch Elijah's relationship develop with our beloved dogs, especially Wrigley. Bonnie is not too keen on tiny people but Wrigley just adores him and it is totally  mutual. Elijah is constantly pulling up on the couch to pet Wrigley (which he does very gently) and crawling across the couch to snuggle up to him. He really likes to pet his paws and his snout. And Wrigley gives him a big lick! It is so precious and sweet to see that my kiddo seems to be a natural animal lover like his Mama!

Elijah is still a fan of people and one of the friendliest babies around though when he is tired, it is all about Mama (which I love!).  The whole nap journey is moving slowly. We are still not back on track with regular naps but I do make an effort to get him down in his crib for at least one nap a day, even if it only lasts for twenty minutes. He just doesn't want to miss out on anything.  He turned seven months when we were in New Jersey but I waited until we got home to take his monthly photo shoot so I could maintain the consistency which makes the photos fun to compare!
"Mama, is it time for pictures with Mr. Bear already?!"
Look at how big our baby is!

"I hear Wrigley outside"
He is ready to go play with his doggie!

He looks like he is ready to get up and walk over to me!

"Mama, you are funny!"

Mr. Bear must have said something very intriguing. 

2 comments: