18 November 2012

Scary Fall

Elijah and I are in New Jersey visiting Papa John, Mimi and the gang. Last night we had a very scary incident. Elijah and I were walking down the stairs when my feet slipped out from under be and we went flying down the stairs. It seemed to happen in slow motion as I held tight to his tiny body and let out a panicked scream. Everyone came running and Papa John was there writhing seconds of the first "thud". Elijah was screaming. (Thankfully. It would have been worse to hear nothing at all) My first instinct was get this baby to a hospital. But as we looked him over, it seemed there was not a bump, scrape or bruise anywhere to be found. I had instinctually wrapped my body around him as we fell. I nursed him and his crying ceased as he fell to sleep. This morning he is bright, cheery and active as ever and woke up saying "Mama mama mama". My elbow and hip are feeling quite rough but nothing compared to what could have been. I know this is the first of many scares I will encounter involving my children and , again, am just so thankful that is all it was. My perfect, healthy boy is enjoying his morning and already on to the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment