10 August 2012

The "Fourth" Trimester

It is often said that the three months following birth should be considered the "Fourth Trimester". This is both for the mother as she is recovering and getting to know her little one, the father as he does the same and the new baby as he not only recovers from the business of being born, but continues to develop at lightening speed and gets to know his family from the outside.   As our "Fourth Trimester" comes to a close, I think it is fun to look back and see just how much has happened in three little months. Time is already flying by so fast with Elijah.  I think back to how long each trimester seemed while I was pregnant and it cannot compare to the speed of my days now. And yet, I cannot remember what life was like before Elijah became a part of us.  I made a video to celebrate the milestones of our son's first three months of life and as a family of three.



1 comment: