07 August 2012

Adventures in Babywearing: The Moby


The Moby is great. Now I have to admit I am a novice at wrapping my baby but I did use it for Elijah as a newborn in the standard carry. It is great for wrapping at home....in the air conditioning for Houston. It does tend to get a little warm and I think that if you are out, it is not the easiest carrier. I took Elijah out in it at less than 3 days old and he did great. But I put it on me before we left the house so then when we got where we were going, all I had to do is slip him in. I do love the way wrapping feels and plan to expand my carrier collection by at least one wrap. In fact, I already put a down payment on a cotton/silk blend that I am very excited about. But back to the Moby. We also do a forward facing carry with this now and Elijah LOVES it. He is a curious boy that loves to look around. Now that I am settled into the routine of being a Mommy, I know that I like the Moby for doing things around the house. It is great in the kitchen, especially because it is so easy to clean. I will throw my structured carriers in the wash but I don't like to do that often. It is also a great "cuddling" carrier. :) Here are some fun photos of the Moby in action.
Here is Elijah at 60 hours old. Our fertility clinic had a picnic and we made a quick cameo appearance. Although the Moby was a bit warm, it was a very secure and comfy carrier for a newborn. 
This is one of the standard carries that we use with  the moby. One thing I have learned is that you want to make sure you get him in there tight enough, otherwise he will sag and not feel secure. 
Back view...not as neat as I would like but what are you going to do. :) 
I sometimes tie it in the front as well. I have seen it done both ways and  will alternate depending on what I am doing. Sitting is more comfortable with it tied in the front.
Here is our new favorite! The front facing carry!
"Look out world. I am facing forward now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment