14 August 2012

Elijah's Haven

Elijah's nursery has been a work in progress. It was done for the most part, before he arrived but there were still touches here and there that I wanted to make it closer to perfect. I finally feel like it is pretty much "done" although I am sure there are a few things that will be added in the upcoming months and years until he is ready for his big boy room.


Our little changing station and nursing/reading statiion

Elijah and I spend so much time in our little nursing nook.  We also love to read books here after eating and during our after bath cuddle in the glider. 

I just recently added this little side table. I bought it at a garage sale for ten bucks and painted and repurposed it.  It is EXACTLY what I had been looking for and fits lots of Elijah's books so we don't have to walk over to his big book shelf when we are reading! It also has room for some disposable diapers which we use when we leave home. 

One of the greatest features of Elijah's room is the sink. It really comes in handy when changing diapers, making wipes solution and for general day to day activities. We also keep our baby calendar here which is another "baby book" to record Elijah's first year.  

I keep our baby book and baby bible on the sink so that I remember to record his milestones.  I also repurposed a "salt pig" made by Aunt Shula as a spot for me to put my jewelry and hair bands.  

Our sweet boy's newborn foot and hand print. (The hand print was pretty hard to make and didn't turn out that great but I think we did a really good job on the foot print!

The "E" on his door. Our little E. :) 

I love our little "Pooh" touches throughout the room. 

Granddad was SO EXCITED to win this for his grandson at a church auction. The perfect addition to our  nursery. 

Elijah and I co sleep right here! The "husband" pillow is awesome for late night nursing or for  when I read while Elijah goes to sleep. (I'm not always quite ready to go to sleep at his bedtime of 8:30). The blue blanket was made by Aunt Shula as a wedding gift. The quilt was made by Chip's Great-Grandmother, Ma Snow, as a wedding gift and the smaller yellow blanket was made for Elijah by Granny. We sleep under lots of family love every night!

These will go above our bed as soon as Daddy has some free time, pictures of our family as it grew!

Jessica made us this fabulous canvas to record growth. Foot prints are harder than they look! It took us two shots to get it right. 



Even though we co sleep, Elijah loves his crib, a gift from Nan. He uses it for naps and hangs out there while I shower. I had hoped to have a bed skirt for a more finished look but other than that, it is a sweet and cozy place for rest. 

This was a fun ebay find! When you pull Pooh, it plays music and slowly creeps back up to the red balloon. 


Another touch of Winnie the Pooh

A very full book and toy shelf. We also have a collection of bears sitting on a rocking chair that belonged to Chip made for him by his grandfather. 

I FINALLY got rid of the hideous window treatment that came with the house and bought a new one that actually matches Elijah's sweet room. It made a huge difference, even more than I expected. The room is brighter and Elijah loves to look up at the characters.  

I'm so happy with the space we created for us to bond with our son. He definitely enjoys life throughout the house and wherever we go but we have noticed when he gets fussy or tired, all we have to do is take him to his room and he is immediately soothed. That is exactly what we hoped for.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! :) I love our nursery. It is so cozy and happy....and the fact that it is so soothing for him gives me such a feeling of satisfaction. I do wish the room was a little bigger but as Chip keeps telling me, it is a good size, but most nursery's don't have to accommodate a whole other bed. :)

    ReplyDelete