20 April 2014

Parish Easter 2014 Highlights: Easter as the Parish Five!

74

The Parish family enjoyed our first Easter season as a family of five. I was excited to plan some new tradition for our family that I hope will stick as well as observing some of our already established traditions.  This year, I spent a lot of the week leading up to Easter baking and cooking, trying out new and different receipes in the hopes of finding a few candy recipes to use in the years to come. I would much prefer my kids to enjoy a few special homemade confections than get loaded up on artificial sweetness. There were several that were a huge success! I think I can safely say that homemade marshmallows, peanut butter eggs, macaroons and “cadbury” eggs will sail into Easter 2015 and beyond!

7

Elijah gave his seal of approval to my homemade cocoa covered marshmallows!

Our church, Spring Baptist, has two campuses. Their Klein Campus hosted an Easter egg hunt on Easter eve and we were excited to attend!  Elijah had a great time. He was thrilled to spend time with “Rah Rah” which is what he and other children call Robin, my friend and our Pastor’s wife. She and her granddaughter Hallie were a highlight of the day. He also really enjoyed the bubble machine!

9

Elijah and Patrick….taking it all in.

12

This boy just loved the bubbles!

13

18

Rory was very comfy staying close to Mama.

20

Elijah enjoyed checking out the sidewalk art

24

Patrick had a big time watching his big brother play!

26

Elijah and Rah Rah

29

Rory’s turn to go for a ride!

32

36

Elijah and Hallie……looking so cute!!!

Easter Morning

39

Our table is all ready for our Easter celebration!

40

Our family basket full of fun and yummy things for our family to share!

41

Special treats for Patrick and Rory

42

Lots of fun things for Elijah

43

Eggs for our Easter egg hunt at home!

48

My sweet Rory bunny.

51

My little chicky.

53

Elijah is all ready to see his Easter treats!

54

Our cute little Elijah bunny spots his loot.

57

Elijah handed out his brothers’ Easter gifts.

59

Peter Rabbit gave Patrick lots of good hugs

62

65

Chip’s parents gave the kids matching sailor suits! So cute! I think they will be wearing these on Mother’s day too so I can get more pictures!

64

68

Mama and Patrick…..Daddy was holding Rory.

69

My tiny two

70

I still can’t believe we are blessed with our sweet three.

73

Handsome guys

72

One of our established traditions. This is the third year our family has had our picture taken in front of the flower cross at church! The first year was when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Elijah!

76

Elijah hunting for eggs after church

78

I love this picture of my baby wearing husband. I told him today that I would love to do a side by side comparison of this picture and one back in his rock n roll days. Smile

80

So serious

82

My handsome hubs

84

I love having my baby so close!

89

My sweet friend, Debra, who is expecting her second baby and is moving less than two miles from me in less than a month!!! SO EXCITED!!!

91

Patrick hanging out while his brothers napped.

94

We had some egg dying excitement!

99

Elijah’s favorite decorating medium was stickers

103

We had an Easter egg hunt for Elijah at home after his naptime

104

Wrigley was a good helper!

112

He searched high and low!

117

Maybe next year Rory can help!

118

Patrick loved watching his big brother.

120

We filled the eggs with quarters and Elijah loved putting them in his piggy bank

121

It was a long day for this sweet little bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment