21 November 2013

Refrigerator Pumpkin Oatmeal!

I came across this recipe on Pinterst and knew I had to try to make it. What a great idea and it will so come in handy when the twins are born and I am short on time to feed myself! I may have to try to sub the pumpkin for something I can find year round but I love enjoying the fares of the season.

I double the batch and using mason jars filled 3/4 of the way (the oatmeal expands so you want to leave plenty of room!) I ended up with four jars of oatmeal. I will probably only be able to eat half a day or I could split it with Elijah!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup steel cut oats
  • 1 1/2  cups milk of your choice (I use coconut almond)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (Trader Joe's has a great one!)
  • 4 Tbsp chia seeds (These are part of my daily supplement anyway so I was thrilled these were included!
  • 4 Tbsp golden raisins (I actually had plain old organic raisins and craisins so I used both)
  • 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 Tbsp coconut sugar or honey (I use local honey)
Simply combine all the ingredients together and put in jars. Put in the fridge overnight and in the morning, breakfast is served! 

Yummy oatmeal ready for the fridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment