29 November 2013

BBQ Potatoes

This potato recipe turned out really yummy! The downside to it is I prefer to cook potatoes with skins (cause of all the awesome vitamins!) and this recipe called for peeled potatoes. I'm not sure it would work as well without pealing. But these are awesome as an occasional yummy treat and perhaps I can figure out a way to incorporate the skins next time!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pound potatoes (equal sized)
1 grated garlic clove or 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I used fresh garlic and it was AWESOME!)
chicken or vegetable broth
tiny cubes butter ( I use Earth Balance natural buttery spread)
minced parsley (I did't use that this time but will next time)
pepper and salt
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Use an ovenproof dish. Place the peeled and washed (even-sized) potatoes in there and make sure they fit snuggly together.
Add the grated garlic or powder to the broth and heat it for a minute to get the flavors going. Pour hot broth in there until there’s about 1 inch of broth in the dish and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top of the potatoes.
Place a tiny slice of butter on top of each potato. As the potatoes start to cook the butter will melt all over, it’s delicious.
Place the dish in your BBQ or oven and give them 35 to 40 minutes. Check them for readiness. I ended up having to cook them for an additional 15 minutes, probably because I used large potatoes. Adjust cooking time to the potato size. Longer is better because then they get the yummy brown on the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment