01 January 2015

A Very McLoone New Years Day and Beyond

23

On New Year’s Day our journey north took us a little south to the Main Line in Pennsylvania where I grew up. My aunt and uncle threw a New Years Day open house which was awesome because we got to see pretty my all the McLoones at once! My cousins Ben and Christine had a new baby that I had not yet met and I was so excited to meet my newest little cousin, Brayden! No one, except of course my parents and brothers, had met the twins and it was so much fun to see the boys get passed around and loved on!

1

The fellas enjoyed some “guy time” downstairs.

3

My cousins Megan and Molly could not get enough of our Patrick.

5

Gran and Rory checking out the McLoone Family Christmas tree!

8

Oh how I wish we lived closer! Cousin hugs are the best!

9

Our newest little cousin, Brayden. He was soooo cute!

10

Rory and Uncle Neil having a little man to man chat.

13

This is pretty much what I did the whole time. Traveling babies nurse a lot!

17

Patrick enjoyed showering his “little” cousin with kisses.

18

A serious moment between cousins.

20

Babies babies everywhere!

23

Rory did not want to sit still for the group baby shot.

28

Gran was so excited to meet our babies!

31

 

After the party we had two fun days to look forward to staying with my parents at their new home in West Chester. It is always so much fun for me to be back home. Even though the McLoone family has long since vacated the house in Berwyn I grew up in, the area itself will always be home to me and it is a dream of mine to one day move back there with my own family. This dream may never be realized but now that Granmumsy and Pop are back I am excited at the prospect of getting to spend more time up there, especially when the kids get a little older and travel better.

1002

1005

Elijah has been really into trains for a while. His favorite Christmas inspired story this year was The Polar Express! The reason the Main Line was called that was because of the local train system that runs through it and I grew up taking the R5 train through the Main Line and to the city. While we were there, Pop decided to take Elijah on his very first REAL train ride on that very train! They hopped on the Paoli local and took a ride for several stops then hopped on the train back. Elijah was mesmerized by the ride and the scenery. They even drove by the house Pop lived in until he was two, the same age Elijah is now!  I see this train ride becoming a highlight of many visits in the future and maybe even taking it all the way to Center City as we used to do!

1006

Elijah checking out the house Pop once lived in.

1008

I have gotten on and off the train at that stop more times than I can remember. The train station was also a “hang out” spot in junior high and high school.

1011

Another local stop.

1010

1012

All that train traveling wore him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment