03 January 2015

Date Nights “Abroad”

16

Thanks to the generosity and willingness to help of our family, Chip and I were able to go on TWO date nights while we were traveling North this winter. The first date night took place in New Jersey at this amazing restaurant called The Haven that was right on the Hudson River and the view was MANHATTEN. It was awesome. Chip poured over menus and reviews and chose the perfect spot! We left all three of our littles with Papa John and Mimi and hit the road for our night on the town. We had an amazing dinner  full of romance and laughter and just a really great time. We happened to be right near my Uncle Bobby’s house and decided to see if he wanted to meet us afterwards with Aunt Mariel. We had so much fun as our date evolved into a double date for the second half of the night.

7

Heading out for a night on the town!

8

Feeling excited to wear a dress that is not an easy access for nursing.

10

Chip chose my appetizer for me which was fun AND delicious! Mmmmm Scallops! He knows me so well.

11

Chip was thrilled to enjoy some oysters!

15

The view!

17

I loved getting to wear my FAUX fur and my wool headband! Mmmmm chilly weather is how it should be in December!

18

I love hanging out with these two! Uncle Bobby has always been so good to me and Mariel is one of the coolest gals I know!

21

You would never know that tiny gal just had a baby!

Our second date night was in Pennsylvania when we went to see Grandmumsy and Pop! They took on the three littlest Parishes and send us to the restaurant of my choosing Dilworth Town Inn. This is a restaurant that I have loved since I loved at home. It was our “special occasion” restaurant and one my parents have always loved for their date nights! I chose this not only because it is so delicious and an experience I cannot get back home but because it is a restaurant that is referenced often in my family and I wanted Chip to enjoy it firsthand. The restaurant used to be a colonial inn and the integrity of the building and décor has been beautifully maintained. The dining area is rooms all over the inn and there are fireplaces everywhere. It is my favorite dining experience and one I have had since high school. I actually went there for dinner before my Senior Prom.

1

Dressed and ready to go leaving Grandmumsy and Pop’s house!

2

Chip looking handsome at dinner.

4

I had this incredible pear martini.

5

My dad sent us with this yummy bottle of wine!

6

We had a very romantic dish….the Chateaubriand for two! My favorite!

We had an amazing trip and our date nights were definitely a highlight and so appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment