15 December 2014

Homemade Probiotic Deodorant

I have wanted to make my own deodorant for a while but the idea was intimidating to me. I "pinned" several recipes but never gave them more than a glance. Then it happened. I ran out. I had the empty deodorant container that many of the recipes said you could use and I had no deodorant. I looked at a few recipes and I actually had all the ingredients for several so I took what I liked out a few different ones and made my own! I chose to make a probiotic deodorant because the probiotics heps with balancing the good bacteria in your armpit as well as preventing odor. The results? Amazing! I am a Plexus customer and ambassador and their probiotic was perfect for this DIY product because not only is it a high quality probiotic, it is shelf stable meaning it does not need to be refrigerated! If you are interested in checking out Plexus, please visit www.plexusslim.com/angela1979!

3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Beeswax
2 Tbsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsp Arrowroot
10 drops of essential oil of your choice
5 drops grapefruit seed extract
Powder from two shelf stable probiotic capsules ( I use Plexus )

Melt beeswax and coconut oil in a pan or double boiler over low heat. Whisk in the baking soda and arrowroot powder. Remove pan from heat, and stir in essential oils, grapefruit extract and probiotic powder. Add more if it isn’t fragrant enough for you. Pour into deodorant container. Leave uncapped for 24 hours or until cool. Then cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment