27 December 2014

A Day In The City and Radio City Music Hall

1

Right before our trip up North, Papa John called and asked if I would be interested in taking Elijah to Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockettes’ Christmas Spectacular Show. He knew that this was a tradition with Grandmumsy and Pop from my childhood and thought I would enjoy taking Elijah. He was right. The older guys that day were going to a bowl game and so Mimi, Aunt Brianna, Elijah an myself headed to city! We had fun walking down 5th Avenue, window shopping and going into FAO Schwartz. Elijah was beside himself in the glorious toy store! He was still recovering from the flu but he came alive when he walked in and was so excited at all the cool toys and fun things he saw.

Rockefeller center was pretty busy and so we didn’t get close enough to see the ice skaters but we did get some photos with the big tree in the background.

I had not been to Radio City since I was in high school and it has not changed. It is still amazing as you walk in. You really feel like you are stepping into a fabulous movie taking place in the early 1900’s.  It is just breathtaking really. The show was just awesome and Elijah was amazed taking it all in. He loved seeing the “pretty girls” and the fireworks in the show! He loved the Santa Clauses and the snow and especially all the music and dancing. (My little muscian).

It just so happened that Brianna’s cello teacher played in the orchestra and so after the show, she gave us a back stage tour! It was so cool! I had been coming to Radio City since I was five years old and it was so neat to see the inner workings of this place that had been such a large part of my childhood. It was really such a magical day and I am so grateful to have shared this experience with my oldest son.

3

The family before we parted ways and they headed to their game.

4

We stopped and watched some really cool street dancers.

5

Me and my handsome guy at Rockefeller Center.

6

Sweet little boy kisses.

8

Elijah (feeling so much better) happily danced around the ladies sitting area at Radio City.

11

The Radio City Music Hall Lobby. Gorgeous.

12

Me and my sister

13

I’m not sure how many times I watched the Rockettes perform on that stage but coming here felt like Christmas for real.

14

All ready for the show.

16

This was such a great day.

17

Let the show begin!

18

Such a magical show!

20

This number dates back to the very first Christmas Spectacular show!

22

This was a really cool shot of the end of this number. I was really excited how cool this turned out.

26

This was a new number to me and I really loved the costumes and the cool effects!

27

Elijah loved the Santa Clauses!

28

The living Nativity always moves me to tears. So beautifully done. You really feel like you are witnessing a miracle.

29

Elijah (with Mimi) in awe.

30

Later, backstage, we got to meet the camel from the Nativity!

33

Elijah and Mama on stage. Elijah was pretty much ready to go home at this point. It had been a long day for a recovering two year old.

34

35

On the way out I wanted to snap one last picture….behind me you will see the big striped prop from the Toy Soldier number that I photographed earlier! That was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment