05 October 2013

Crockpot Brisket!

                                

This was a super easy recipe and really really yummy!!!!! Three are some changes I will make next time which I will note in the ingredients sections.

Ingredients:

3 lb beef brisket

For The Rub:
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder (I used even a bit more than this)
1/4 tsp celery seeds
1/4 tsp black peppers
Next Time: I will also add salt.

BBQ Sauce: This turned out a little spicy for us, even though I added more of the non spicy ingredients than suggested. Next time I will probably add less "kick" and may try a different "less hot" sauce
1/2 Cup Ketchup ( I added about 1/4 cup or so more)
1/2 cup chili sauce (This was too much. I used Franks Red Hot...I might try something milder next time)
1/4 cup brown sugar ( I used brown sugar splenda and added a bit more to cut the heat)
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire ( I added more of this as well. A extra "squirt" or two)
1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke (I'll add more next time)

Mix the rub ingredients together and rub it on all sides of the meat. You can put in fridge overnight to really get the taste in there.  Then cover with the sauce and cook on low in the crockpot for 8 hours. I am warning you. It smells DIVINE! You will be peaking your nose in the pot all day!
Brisket all prepped and ready to go


No comments:

Post a Comment