11 October 2013

Buffalo Chicken Soup - Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free!



Ingredients
  • 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
  • 4 Organic chicken breast
  • 8 cups chicken broth
  • 2 Tbsp Organic honey (local)
  • 3-4 stalks of celery
  • 1 cup hot sauce ( Original recipe called for Frank's which I found too spicy. I prefer Hooters but this does add a little dairy. Use your favorite!)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk ( a little more to cut the heat if needed)
  • 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley
  • 1/2 Tbsp chives
  • 1/2 Tbsp dried dill
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (I have a love affair with cilantro so I tend to use more of this)
Instructions
  1. Using a large stock pot, add 8 cups of broth, cauliflower and chicken breast.
  2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
  3. Once chicken is cooked remove and set aside.
  4. Add coconut milk, spices, honey, and hot sauce.
  5. Use a stick blender and puree.
  6. Shred the chicken with a fork and add to the pot.
  7. Chop the celery and onion and add to the pot
  8. Stir in the parsley, chives and cilantro and simmer for 20 min.
  9. Serve and Enjoy!

NOTES: If you are not dairy free, this is great with sour cream or even some coconut milk greek plain yogurt (which I will do post baby when I am back to low/no diary). The first time I made this I used Franks Red Hot sauce and it was too spicy HOWEVER, I do plan to make a batch with Frank's and freeze to eat during labor in case things stall. Spicy food is supposed to be great for stalled labor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment