27 July 2012

Adventures in Babywearing: The Ergo Sport


The Ergo Sport was my first baby carrier. I found a great deal on Craigslist very early in my pregnancy.  I knew I wanted to practice attachment parenting and that I would be wearing my sweet baby as much as possible. At the time, I must admit that I hadn't done a lot of research and did not know that you could not do a facing front carry with the Ergo. What I DID know what that Ergo sport had great reviews, and was lightweight...great for the Houston heat.  In retrospect, I am glad that I did not know you could not do a face forward carry with it because I might have skipped the purchase and I so LOVE this carrier.  It is one I use daily. Elijah and I take a walk every morning and it is perfect.  It keeps us cool in the Houston summer heat. It is also a very soft material and it is a carrier my husband enjoys using.  I have found that I have my preferences of carrier for different activities and as a result, my collection is now 8 carriers and I am on my way to purchasing a ninth. LOVE LOVE LOVE my ergo!

Elijah and Mommy, all ready for our daily morning walk in our Ergo Sport!

Super easy to put on and very secure with the straps in the back


I put Elijah in the Ergo when he was a week old with the infant insert. I must say that I found the insert to be a bit too hot for Houston in the Spring, although he seemed quite cozy and comfortable. We only used the insert a few times. I found other carriers much more user friendly for newborns. Elijah was able to fit into the Ergo sans the insert at about a month old. 

Snuggles with my little buddy

The Ergo is Daddy Friendly too!


No comments:

Post a Comment