02 May 2014

Rory & Patrick: Three Months Old!

32
The so called “Fourth Trimester” is officially over. My babies are three months old. It is amazing how slow three months can go by when you are waiting to get pregnant or even when you are actually pregnant (especially that first three months!) and then how quickly it goes by once your babies are actually here. Time flies when you are having fun…and busy….and overwhelmed….and did I say having fun? It has been a whirlwind three months and this last month especially with the celebration of Easter and Elijah’s birthday, the twins baby dedication, a visit from Papa John and Granny and just life in general. My boys (all three of them!) continue to grown, develop and thrive and make their Daddy and me so very proud to be their parents.
Rory: As of this morning Rory is just barely twelve pounds two ounces. He is in the 38th percentile for weight. I am not sure about length. As my mom has told me, the length of a baby is to hold them upside down. I may do that with her guidance when we go visit at the end of the month but for now we just assume his length is about average. He has such a cute little body. I just love the little baby rolls on his thighs. He’s not a fat baby by any means but he is “curvier” than his twin and I love enjoying their differences as much as their similarities. It’s just so cool have TWO babies!
Rory has been able to roll over on beds and couches (with supervision of course) for about a month but did it on the harder surface of the floor for the first time a couple of days ago! To me, that is when it really counts since there is no gravity to help. It was all his strength and maneuvering. I managed to get the second time he did it on video and he continued to roll over and over again. Yesterday he got about halfway from back to tummy but I think he prefers to be on his back and side so he didn’t complete that task. Rory is my social butterfly. He loves to be in the middle of the action and is quite content most of the time as long as he is being held or worn. He LOVES to be worn! He seems to have figured out that if he stays up when his brothers are napping/sleeping he gets all the attention because that is exactly what he does! He seems to require a lot less sleep then either of his brothers. His naps haven’t really fallen into a schedule and vary greatly on length but most of the time he is a pretty happy guy (though right now we are in the middle of a “wonder week” so there is a little extra crankiness). Rory loves taking baths with his Mama and would be content to stay in there and nurse, cuddle and swim for hours I think.
Because I juggle two babies, a toddler, a husband a dog and managing a house, it become necessary for me to actually put my babies down occasionally (a concept that was foreign to me with Elijah). Rory loves to hang out on the tummy time mat. He naps pretty well in the Rock N Play and occasionally the swing. The swing is great for awake time because there is a mirror and a mobile that he can look at. He also LOVES to sit in the bouncy when we eat dinner or if I am cooking something that splatters (which means I won’t wear him for safety reasons). He enjoys our walks and usually falls asleep while we are out.
Rory LOVES to talk! He is extremely vocal. He makes the sweetest baby noises and I just love “chatting” with him. He laughs all the time. One sure fire way to get giggles out of him is to sing “If You’re Happy And You Know It”. He seems to love music in general because whenever he is fussy or I can’t get to him right away, all I have to do is play some music for him and he becomes quiet so he can listen. He is definitely our child.
Patrick: Patrick has made it to double digits! Our tiny guy is now ten pounds and in the fifth percentile (he had been in the third). He eats very well, sleeps extremely well. He is just a petite baby. I just bask in the sweetness of his “littleness”. I love it. It is so much fun to have a tiny (and still healthy) baby. When  lying down next to Rory, Patrick appears to be about an inch shorter but as I said, I am not exactly sure about lengths.
Patrick is not a hug fan of tummy time. He can lift his head up a bit and he moves his feet around like a madman. He is always kicking kicking kicking. In fact, his legs are so strong, he has been standing while holding my fingers for over a month. It’s incredible…and funny to see such a skinny baby accomplish this but those legs are STRONG! He will hold on to my fingers and pull himself up to standing position. It’s surprising to anyone who sees him do it. Patrick is an observer. He is often quietly alert taking it all in. Due to his reflux,  he went through a really rough and cranky period but since I have been more strict about eliminating certain things from my diet, he seems to have I improved.  He still struggles with his reflux. I see my poor baby choking as his milk comes back up….or sometimes as he’s nursing and it just breaks my heart to see. But as I have said, he is our strong, brave boy and he does not let it get the best of him. Many times, he won’t even cry when it happens. He just catches his breath and I will give him his pacifier which seems to sooth his  esophagus spasms. One this about this baby, he can SLEEP! Seriously, I have no trouble getting this little boy down to nap. He naps in the nursery in the Rock N Play and he begins the night’s sleep in the Rock N Play. I move him to the bed with Rory and me when we go up. (I told you Rory was a night owl!). Patrick goes to bed around six or so and wakes up maybe twice to nurse before waking up around 6 in the morning. Then he will nurse and enjoy HIS “only child” time as we visit and I get ready for my day, then he is back down for another couple of hours! Patrick is a morning baby. He is nothing but smiles when we get up in the morning. His eyes just light up as we tiptoe out of the nursery (so we don’t wake Rory) and lay in the big bed and “talk”. Patrick talks the most in the morning. He really seems like he is trying to say something and he listens intently when I “respond” to him. Such a smart boy!
Both boys just love their big brother and Elijah is every the helper. He talks to them all the time. “Hey buddy”. “Here ya go buddy”. He loves to help replace rogue pacifiers and rock them when they are crying. He will push the Rock N Play over to me if I am nursing someone and the other starts crying. Such an amazing big brother. And the twins are really starting to get bright eyes when they see Elijah. They already adore him as he does them!
1
Tummy time for two!
4
So much joy in that face!
8
Such a happy boy.
10
Just hanging out
11
Such sweet eyes
6
He is always smiling!
13
I love putting them in their bumbos so they can “chat”
15
My little ham
18
My tiny guy
17
Wassup ladies…..
22
Rory doing his push ups
23
Thinking about rolling over
20
Such a cutie!
27
Happy boy!
34
Sweet Patrick. (He did not feel like cooperating as much today so there are less photos of him this time).
35
I just LOOOOVE that little face!
35
So serious
28
This picture is funny because Patrick looks so big.
30
Twinspiration!
36
Brothers
37
I just love my three boys!
40
43
My heart is full……

I see more resemblances every day......

No comments:

Post a Comment