17 July 2013

Taco Bean Soup

A few nights ago I made taco soup. I used to make this a lot when Chip and I first got together and this pregnancy, I have been craving MEXICAN FOOD! So it sounded yummy! I decided it would also be a great meal to make and freeze for after the twins are born! I adjusted the recipe a little and added some other ideas for different dietary needs. I got the recipe from E-Meals, a weekly meal planning website that I used to subscribe to which offers different options (stores, dietary needs, number of family memebers) and customizes a weekly menu and shopping list just for you. I printed out all of my lists and recipes back when I subscribed and saved them. I can't wait to revisit some more of these yummy recipes!

Ingredients:
1 Package of Morning Star Crumbles (I used a pound of ground turkey)
2 1/2 Cups Water ( I used chicken broth for richer flavor and vitamins)
2-14 oz cans Black Beans rinsed
14 oz can Pinto Beans drained
2-14 oz can Corn (I only used one) rinsed
1 can Rotel (I forgot to buy rotel so I used salsa)
14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix (omit to make dairy free, however this makes A LOT of soup so it is really adding very little dairy to the overall mixture. We recently discovered Elijah has a milk allergy and he did well with this soup)

My Ingredients (please excuse the messy counter)
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a LARGE stockpot and cook over med heat for 20-30 minutes. Soup can also cook on low in crockpot for 4-6 hours.

This is one of the richest, yummiest soups every! I literally have to stop myself from eating too much of it!

The finished product! It looks so good, I think I will go have another bowl!





No comments:

Post a Comment