26 July 2013

11 Weeks Pregnant

We had another great week! We met with our doula for the first time and we just LOVE her! She seems as excited to be a part of our twins' birth as we are to have her be a part of it and I know she will help us realize the dream of a twin VBAC! While she was here, she helped me find both heart beats on the fetal doppler. I was always able to find it with Elijah but I didn't buy it until I was about 16 weeks so he was much bigger. So it was great to have someone help me find it on small babies and today I found both on my own! She also checked my fundal height (the height/size of uterus) and I am measuring at 14 weeks for a singleton. That explains why my clothes don't fit!

We graduate from the fertility clinic on Tuesday! That is a huge deal, and very bittersweet. We will officially be just a normal OB patient after that. (Oh how I still wish we were able to be a midwife patient but I know we are doing what is best for our babies.)  I will miss the nurses. They are truly amazing but I am sure I will be back to visit and show off my growing bump and eventually my babies!

I am still pretty tired but I think that is largely due to some sleep challenges I have been having with Elijah lately. Other than that (extreme fatigue) I feel great. I do have an occasional day of queasiness and being tired doesn't help but I continue to be perplexed that with one baby I was sick sick sick and with two, I haven't even gagged. That just goes to show you that every pregnancy is different.

Elijah and I (and our sweet Petite P's of course) are flying to Los Angeles next week for a week long visit to my aunt and some fun in the sun. It will be a nice way to finish up the first trimester. We get home the day before I am 13 weeks pregnant. Mathmatically, the second trimester starts a few days after that (40/3=13.3) but most books/websites make the second trimester start at 13 weeks so we are just going to go with that. Especially because we are dealing with twins and the likelihood of going all 40 weeks is very slim. I know with Elijah my OB told me I would go early but really first babies come late and I should have known better. I feel this time around I need to really be prepared for the fact that these little cuties will probably be here late January although I really hope to make to at least February 1! (38 Weeks).

I had some more fun taking belly pictures today! And of course my Elijah got in on the action. Enjoy!

Babies are as big as limes!

Here comes the belly!

Here comes the belly!


Sweet "P" and my two P's in a Pod!

Love my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment