01 January 2013

New Year's Day

It was a very tame New Years Eve for the Parish family.  Chip came down with a nasty case of the flu and a high fever of 102.5 the night before and Elijah was in bed super early at 6:30 pm. Thankfully, neither Elijah or myself caught Chip's illness, I believe due to not just borderline obsessive hand washing my part but also thanks to the colloidal silver I administered to Elijah and myself as well as the thieves oil in the diffuser of the nursery.  New Years day, we had been invited to a gathering at my dear friend, Kelly's house. (See her blog here!) Kelly and  I were meant to be friends. I believe it was true divine intervention. I received an email last summer from one of the moms from my Bradley Method birth class saying she knew of a Mama that was having trouble producing enough milk for her baby and was looking for  donor. I was a registered donor for Mother Milk Bank of Austin and was excited at the possibility of donating to one family.  I had no way of knowing what an awesome person was about to come into my life. Kelly and I have found in one another someone to consult and vent to as we learn more about being a Mama. Her background as a wellness coach is so helpful to me and I love having her a resource Elijah is two months older than her beautiful daughter, Mykah and so I am able to give her some guidance on our journey thus far.  It has been a true give and take relationship and I love my dear friend.

So anyway, that is who our family chose to spend New Years Day with along with some of her other friends that I was so happy to meet. Since Chip was still under the weather, Elijah and I went and left Daddy to rest.  It was a great day full of yummy fresh organic food and lots of children for Elijah to play with. At one point, four of us Mama's were in the bedroom nursing together and just chatting about life with baby. I so needed that and realized how I need to have MORE of that in my life! Thank you, Kelly, for bringing Elijah and me into your group of friends. We look forward to the next get together and to building these relationships.
My adorable boy and cute little Mykah learning to share!

So grateful for my sweet friend!

Who can resist sweet baby hands

I love watching Elijah with other children

Sweet little Mykah!

"Hey Mama, who is this cute baby? Oh, wait, that's me!"

Such a big boy. He looks just like his Daddy.

Kelly's hubby, Andrew sang some Tiffany tunes from the 80's to Mykah. I got a big kick out of this.

There's a party going on!

 


2 comments:

  1. YAY... we love you guys. Email me the pic of the 4 of us, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE love you guys too!:) There are actually two pics of us. I'll send them both!

    ReplyDelete