22 January 2013

A Photography Class

I have grown up a lover of photography.  It started when I was a little girl. I was always a camera ham. I loved being photographed. My mom loved dressing me up in cute outfits and posing me.  My aunt had a lot of fun doing photo shoots with me and even experimenting with color (white on white where I would have my face painted white and a white towel on my had with a white background). Taking pictures has also always been a passion for me. Not necessarily for the artistic quality but I loved having my memories recorded. I received my first camera for my fifth birthday. It was a Kodak Disk camera. Remember those? "I'm gonna catch you with the Kodak Disk. So easy that I'm not gonna miss".  Well one need only look at the boxes and boxes of photos that have moved with me through the years to know that semi obsession with getting photos of life with friends and family has not dwindled. In fact, since the birth of our son, I have had the desire to  be more creative and actually learn some of the basics that never seemed necessary with a point and shoot camera.

In steps The Feminine Mystique..........

A passionate photographer in my life (who prefers to remain anonymous so I dubbed her The Feminine Mystique for blogging purposes) approached me and offered to sponsor me in an online beginners photography course at Improve Photogrpahy.  Her generousity did not stop there....she gave me her old Nikon Coolpix 5000 to learn on as it has the capable to adjust settings that my point and shoot (though awesome) does not.

I am having so much fun learning more about this craft and I look forward to putting this new knowledge to use in Elijah photo shoots, family gatherings and maybe one day as a little business of my own.

As I learn more and more, I plan to post some of my "homework assignments" so I can share the progress.  In the meantime, I want to give a shout out to The Feminine Mystique for taking such an interest my development! Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment