07 December 2011

The Quickening of Elijah

This week (week 18) I have felt my first regular fetal movements, also called "Quickening". Although I have felt small movements here or there for about a month, I was not feeling it on a regular basis and not certain that it was our son. This week, the movements, although still very light, have become more frequent and I am certain I feel the somersaults of the new life growing in my belly. I love feeling him move around and it reminds me to stop for a few moments every day and really enjoy our little Elijah. I still can't believe how lucky I am to be pregnant. I have dreamed of being a mother all my life, and desperately longed for a baby with Chip for years. We are so blessed to have this little man on his way to our lives. We have been blessed to have friends and family that have longed for this to happen for us as well. This is truly a child that will be shared. I am now looking forward to others being able to feel the little kicks, punches and wiggles working from within!

1 comment:

  1. How precious! Yay! I know you've longed to feel your little guy - so glad he is making his presence known to his Mama! :-)

    ReplyDelete