16 December 2011

Happy Baby Bump Hump Day!


Thursday, December 15th, marked the halfway point of pregnancy with Elijah. Many people feel like the time just flies when they are pregnant, and maybe it will in the second half, but for me, the first half crawled by while I waited for the different miles stones that indicate our dreams had really come true and there will be a baby in May....or April.  Looking back at the first 20 weeks, I remember the morning I took the pregnancy test.  It was a week before I was suppose to.  I was at work and "just happened to have one" with me.  One week early, at three and a half weeks pregnant, I got the undeniable second blue line that I had been dreaming about for two years!  I remember the first ultrasound at five weeks and being so elated when I saw there was actually an itty bitty Sweet P in my belly. I felt that same elation at every ultrasound after. 
Yesterday, Elijah's parents got to spend the Baby Bump Hump Day together!  We began with our 20 week ultrasound.  As I watched our son touch his face, swallowing the fluid and wiggling around, I started to get a sense of the most adorable personality I have ever encountered.  When the ultrasound tech needed him to flip over, I LOVE that I know how to get him to do that and that he responds to me.  Afterwards, while back in the waiting room, he started moving and kicking more than I have ever felt before.  I had my hand on the top of my belly and I actually felt it for the first time on the outside.  I was unsure at first so I poked him a little and he poked back again. Unfortunately Chip was not near me when this happened but I know he will feel it soon! 
After our ultrasound, we went for our 20 week doctor appointment. We adore Dr. Smith and are so excited at how supportive she is about our wishes for natural delivery and she assures us the nursing staff is the same.  After looking over our ultrasound paperwork, she told us, "He could not be more perfect".  My thoughts exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment