20 July 2014

Sunday Afternoons with the Junior and Senior Parishes

2936

If Chip’s parents are in town and we are in town, odds are, on Sunday you will find us in church followed by lunch, naps and playtime (sometimes even in that order) at their house. It has become our family Sunday tradition, one that I really hope continues through the years and that my children are able to look back on with fond memories and hopes of bringing their own children, my grandchildren, to OUR house on Sundays.  It is just a great way to start the week, reconnecting with one another and their Houston grandparents. When I was little and even to a certain extent as I grew up, Sunday dinner was always a big thing at my house. That was the day we had the roast.  Everyone that was available and local would come over including cousins if they were around, my great grandparents, my grandparents hosted. It was a big part of what I remember as “family time” when I was a child. And so I love that this is something we are able to do as a family with my in laws. I would really love for my parents to be close enough to participate in these family fun filled afternoons along with us and Grandmother and Grandaddy. It would be so awesome to have everyone together. I remember when I was little, wishing that we could have a big giant house where my whole family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents) could all live together. And while I am not sure I would want to live in the same house with everyone anymore, I know that I would love for all my family to be in the same city so we could all enjoy Sundays together.

Our Sundays are pretty special and this last Sunday was particularly fun. Grandmother bough a big pool and a little pool and we blew both up and the kids had a ball getting wet and splashing each other and everyone else. I was able to capture the afternoon through photos and am excited at how sweet they turned out.

1

Sunday morning Elijah was dressed for church in one of my favorite little boy styles…gingham romper and a Peter Pan collar. Nothing cuter.

9

Rory looked adorable wearing one of his Daddy’s outfits from when he was a little guy!

5

Patrick, also wearing Daddy’s clothes, was especially cheerful as we hung out before church.

11

Rory, this funny little boy, just loves the water and already knows how to smile for the camera!

13

The twins got to get a head start on their swim while Elijah had his afternoon nap.

20

Patrick, my deep thinker, enjoyed relaxing on the water

21

My little mini me baby.

18

I put the bumbo in the pool like I do at home and it sort of tries to float a little. Rory uses his arms to keep his balance.

19

Rory was checking out Patrick’s feet as he splashed away!

22

Happy baby feet splashing. Oh how I love those little feet!

24

Just two dudes chilling in their pool.

25

Rory looks like the Godfather in this one.

26

That’s more like it. That’s the sweet face I know and love.

28

Grandmother caught Patrick just as he was trying to swim away!

30

32

Elijah was a rather serious swimmer when he first woke up from his nap….

34

He thought it was really fun to take the toys from the big pool and then put them in the little pool then start all over again.

39

My little swim student loves to have water dumped on his head. “More Please” he says.

41

And though we try to discourage it, he can’t resist drinking the pool water. Ew.

40

No comments:

Post a Comment