10 July 2014

Kid Chef Peanut Butter Cookies–DF, GF

1

I want my kids to know how to cook. I love to cook and I love feeding my family yummy and usually healthy foods. I am excited to begin a cooking adventure with Elijah. I believe cooking is a great way to teach following directions, cause and effect, health and wellness and great for quality time together. This is the first recipe Elijah has made. It is simple. Only five ingredients and most of the are healthy. There is sugar but you could easily sub xylitol, stevia or something of the kind. We used organic sugar.  I am working on getting Elijah’s day more structured and school-like and plan to use cooking in his “curriculum” a few times a week.

Ingredients:

1 cup Peanut Butter ( I use natural smooth but you can use whatever you prefer)

1 Cup sugar (I use organic)

1 egg

1 tsp baking sode

a dash of salt…a little more of you use natural peanut butter without salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  I let Elijah do this. I measure and he dumps.

Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth. Elijah and I do this part together.

Roll into 1 inch balls and hand to child. Let child put them on the cookie sheet and lightly press to flatten. Elijah likes seeing his handprint in the cookies.

Bake for 10 min.

Cool on rack.

Enjoy!

Here are some pictures of our baking session!

2

Dressed in his apron and ready to bake!

4

Our step stool makes Elijah the PERFECT height to reach the counter!

5

Elijah carefully adds ingredients

7

We use the mixer together

10

Flattening the cookies after carefully placing them on the cookie sheet.

11

Anxiously awaiting the cookies as they bake!
12

A little dress up time as we wait…..

13

Yummy! Great job Elijah!

No comments:

Post a Comment