26 June 2012

Two Months Old!

 I can't believe Elijah is already two months old!  It seems like just yesterday I was waddling around Houston with my belly sticking out, counting the days until he arrived.  It seems like ages ago that I was hoping and praying to be pregnant. And now, here he is, two months old! Such an amazing blessing and sweet boy!  He is growing so fast. At his two month doctor's appointment, he was 13 pounds, 12 ounces and 24.5 inches! 90th percentile all around. He is a growing boy and has put on 5 pounds, 6 ounces and 2.5 inches since birth!  He is continuing to pretty much sleep through the night. He now rolls over on one side and can sit in his bumbo (sort of). It is still a little big for him but he has the head control to pull it off. He loves to stand.  In fact, when he gets fussy, sometimes letting him stand is all it takes to calm him down. He is building such strong legs!  He had his first vaccine at the doctor's office yesterday and the Nurse Practitioner commented on his strong his legs were!

We are doing an alternate vaccine schedule and skipping some of the shots that we and our doctor feel are unnecessary so Elijah only had to have one yesterday. He was not thrilled but was a very brave boy and has shown no signs of any side effects.  His first seven months of life he has one shot a month starting this month. Then he gets a break until one year old.

Elijah and I have pretty much figured out our "groove". It is not as easy to get things done at home at this point but I hope that as he gets older, I will get more done throughout my day.  Right now we spend a lot of our days nursing, cuddling and working on Elijah's development though tummy time, standing time,  music and little games we play. We have started to read a little bit as well.  I am so proud of my little man and how he is flourishing.
Two months old! Getting so big!

It looks like he is giving Mr. Bear a kiss but he was really sucking on the side of his head. 

"Mom, I would like to introduce you to my dear friend, Mr. Bear"

Such a big boy sitting in the glider all by himself

I just love those beautiful blue eyes

"Hey Ma! Look at me rocking my bumbo!"

Just a couple of weeks ago, he could not steady himself in his bumbo!

Bonnie wanted to make sure he was ok

Standing man!

"Mommy, I am coming to get YOU!"

"I'm having too much fun to roll over now"

Love Love Love this baby!

1 comment: