27 May 2012

Elijah's Christening Party

 As always, a milestone can not go by without being celebrated in true Parish Jr. Style. We love to throw a party and celebrate. So following Elijah's christening, everyone headed back to our house for food and fellowship.  A cake was made by a family friend who has become THE cake baker for the Parish family.
 Elijah received so many generous gifts from his family and friends. 
 We began the party by watching a video that I made of our pregnancy, labor and the birth of our first son. 
 The Belly Book which I had made for Elijah throughout my pregnancy was completed and arrived the day before his Christening. I loved sharing this with our family. 
 Our gift to the Godparents was pictures frames. I can't wait to see what photos the Godparents choose for their frames!
 Elijah cannot get enough of these two!
 We were happy to help our boy open up his gifts!
 I loved the sweet Precious Moments doll that says bedtime prayers.
 Elijah got tired of opening presents....but I bet that won't last long!
 A traditional gift that we received from Godfather Uncle Josh is an antique silver baby cup with the letter P engraved.  So cool!
 Elijah was enjoying his time on his Great Granny's lap
 He is a very intense baby. I wonder what he is thinking. 
 He  LOVED the streamers we decorated with!

 Elijah had his lunch in private with Mommy upstairs. 
 Special time with his Godfather
 We had a surprise visitor....SUSIE! 

1 comment:

  1. it was a great party! Parishes know how to celebrate, smile! I love the "intense" picture - what eyes!!

    ReplyDelete