14 May 2012

My First Mother's Day!

I could not believe my first Mother's Day was finally here. I was so happy to count myself among the lucky majority who are called Mother.  It is a dream I have had for years and I was thrilled to celebrate motherhood with my family. It was a perfect day that began with church service accompanied by Granny and our Parish parents followed by brunch at Stracks and time together at the Sr. Parish home in Spring. Here are some photos from our special day.
I am so proud to be the mother of this beautiful, perfect little boy.  
The Parish Mothers
Mothers and Sons. 

Granny loves to hold "her baby" :)

Grandma is so good to Elijah

Granddad is an excellent snuggler

Mommy and Elijah love their time together

My first Mother's Day card from my son!

A sweet and meaningful Mother's Day card from Chip

My fist Mother's Day gift from Chip and Elijah. Chip remembers his mother reading this book to him when he was  little and singing the song to him. This was the perfect way to remember my first Mother's Day

Flowers from my amazing parents in law. Blue for my boy!

A "husband pillow" for when I nurse Elijah in bed. This is a lifesaver!

We had a great time skyping with the Bruffey's! They were able to join us this way to watch Granny open her  Mother's Day gift!

All the great grandchildren and their parents gave Granny a pin with a charm representing each of the great grandchildren that have been born!

Mom Parish received a beautiful pearl necklace from Dad Parish. Here she is showing it off like Vanna! I guess they have been watching "The Wheel" a lot. 

My little guy was tired after a big day. It is hard work being such a  sweet little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment