27 September 2013

20 Weeks Pregnant

20 Weeks. Halfway there to our due date of February 14. I feel both babies move all the time now although Rory more than Patrick. And I can see lots of movement as well, which didn't happen until I was a bit further along with Elijah. I think baby movement is one of my favorite parts of pregnancy (besides the cute belly of course!).  Insomnia continues to kick my butt but I no longer have heartburn (such a blessing!) and other than feeling exhausted by 2:00PM due to lack of sleep, I feel pretty great. I still get braxton hicks contractions and sometimes they kick in when I am rocking Elijah to sleep which makes it a bit uncomfortable but hey, that's what husbands are for, right?

One of the other great things about turning 20 weeks......as far as the ER is concerned.....I have a "viable" pregnancy. Oh that just makes me so mad thinking back to my ER visit late in my first trimester and the around the same time with my pregnancy with Elijah. Viable. At 20 weeks. Really? But I won't think about that today. Today is a day of milestones and accomplishment!

I had my first appointment with my midewife/doula since our consultation and it was awesome! She actually trains doulas as well and asked if I would  mind one of her doula's in training attends our appointments and my birth. I am so excited! Another fabulous person to add to our team! And the doula that was there this time was one I had met at the birth story meeting and liked very much! Though I loved all the girls there (several of whom where doulas in training) and would be happy to have any of them at our birth! We talked about our birth preferences/plan and I am now beginning to outline and write that as well as a list of questions for my doctor at our next visit (which is Monday). I asked him a ton when I was interviewing doctors but there are many details I need to check on. Because we are having a twin VBAC, there is a limited number of doctors to choose from but I feel confident I found one of the best and I know he will accommodate what he can.  And Shannon (my doula) is AMAZING! I am so blessed to be receiving her top notch care and just to have access to her.  She lives literally 10 minutes from my house which is awesome and convenient for us both but I would totally drive hours just to see her!

I really wanted to take childbirth classes again, just to refresh but it just isn't in our budget right now so I told Chip we could have our own little class at home with the materials we have from last time and some new concepts I want to try. I decided that 20 weeks was a good time to start because the Bradley classes are broken down into 12 week sessions and that would take us up to 32 weeks. I also want to learn more about hypnobirthing. I read the book and know I want to do it so we will hopefully get a hold of that material and incorporate that into our little private classes as well. Chip is out of town tonight but I am hoping to have our first "class" on Sunday after Elijah goes to bed! I have also started doing squats and stretching and will add some more of the Bradley exercises to this little regime.  I have not started the yoga yet and I just want to kick myself. I was sick last week into this week and so my walking took a hiatus.  I finally felt a bit better to start walking again but I have realized that because I am just spent by the afternoon that my original plan for evening yoga three nights a week will just not work. I need to do it in the morning if I am going to do it at all. So the plan is to try my 30 minutes of yoga after our walk. Elijah will be up which might make it hard but we will see how it goes. I plan to check in next week with a full report on how these new endeavors pan out!   In the meantime, here are those belly shots!

20 Week Belly!

I cannot believe how fast this is going now!

I think this is my favorite size belly. Nice and round but not so big that it gets in the way. But.....we still have a long way to go!

My sweet little boys. 

Still learning how to do self portraits in focus on my DSLR. Did not succeed on the Elijah pics but i had to include one anyway. 

And some of you guys' favorite shot....the fruit! This week we are bananas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment