06 April 2013

Texas Tradition: Bluebonnet Pictures

 
Spring has sprung! Birds are chirping. April Showers bring......APRIL FLOWERS! It is bluebonnet season, y'all! Bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas and every year in early spring, you will see the fields all over Texas painted in a beautiful shade of periwinkle and Mamas and Daddys pulled over on the side of the road taking pictures of their little ones amidst the ocean of flowers. Last year, we did our "official" maternity photos in Chappell Hill and the first ones we took were me, Mama to be, in a bluebonnet field! This weekend marked on year (almost to the day!) when we did that photo shoot and so Chip and I decided we would celebrate one year with a trip back to Chappell Hill and get Elijah's first outside world bluebonnet photos as well as have some fun recreating some of our maternity shots! It was an incredible day with beautiful weather and fabulous company as Grandmother and Granddad Parish joined us on our adventure.  Conveniently bluebonnet season is right before Elijah's birthday so this may be a fun way to mark his growth in years to come!

It was really cook to walk through Chappell Hill and see all the spots we stopped to take maternity shots. It is such a cute little town with so much charm and LOTS of opportunity for photos! Elijah was is great spirits and really seemed to enjoy the day. He loved running through the bluebonnet field and had a great time exploring the town with his Mama, Daddy, Grandmother and Granddaddy. It was just the perfect day!

Elijah's "first" bluebonnet photo! I was 36 weeks 3 days pregnant and he was less than three weeks from making his appearance!
High in the sky and ready for his first outside bluebonnet photos!
My precious angel baby.


"Mama these flowers are pretty!"

There were lots of others taking bluebonnet pictures so Elijah was very easily distracted.

"Look, Ma motorcyclces!" WE were near the highway so there was lots of action.

I love this one. I wish we didn't have photo bombers in the back though.

Perfect gentleman

I love my little mister

"I love you Granddad"
That child looks so much like his Parish grandparents!
It was great to get a family shot....thanks to Grandmother and Granddad
 

"Grandmother, look at the pretty flowers"
The two red head Parishes.
 
"I'm a happy boy!"

You're just the cutest little baby face.......

Love my MIL!

"Mama up please"

"I want to play with the big kids Mama"

Our little boy loves nature.

"Dear Jesus, Thank you for the bluebonnets. Amen"

"That way, Daddy"

Never saw a happier little face.

 

"Catch me Daddy!"
36 weeks pregnant/11 and a half months old!

Still my bundle of joy!

Love these boys.

What a difference a year makes!







So this is Elijah's latest face that he makes. I think it started because his environmental allergies are beginning to develop (boo!) and his little nosey gets itchy but it has turned into something he thinks is funny....but also something he does to be fresh. He did it to the lady in the nursery at church and I about died.





No comments:

Post a Comment