08 April 2012

My Birthday/ Easter/ 36 Weeks!


This year, my birthday fell on Easter as it does every few years. I keep thinking back to last year and where we were.  We had not yet decided to move forward with the IVF procedure, although that was not far away. But I really didn't feel like celebrating. This year, there is so much happiness and so much to look forward to. Though I must admit, my birthday is small potatoes compared to the incredible birthday that is right around the corner!  Being 36 weeks pregnant and very tired, I let Chip know I just wanted a small, private celebration this year so we could enjoy each other, our family and all that is happening. Chip began the festivities by sending me beautiful flowers. They arrived on Friday. I just love the pink tulips!

Since my birthday fell on Easter, we decided to have a romantic dinner the Friday before. Before we left we decided to take a few photos outside. Chip has always loved my belly button but that fascination has gone to a new level as you can see below.
Originally we were going to have dinner at Strata in The Vintage. However due to some terrible service, we decided to cancel our order and walk over to an old favorite: Peli Peli! It was a good move! We always have an amazing experience when dining at Peli Peli!
One of my favorite things about Peli Peli, other than the incredible food, is this specialty NON ALCOHOLIC drink they have. It is a passion fruit spritzer type thing and it is YUMMY! I had two!  It was my birthday after all.

But the best part of the evening was my handsome date. There is no one who I would rather sit across from me at the table. My husband makes life so special for me and all those around him.
Sunday, we began the day with Easter celebrations.  We went to the Sr. Parishes home and took some pre-church photos!
It was a beautiful and warm Easter day! I love having Chip's parents so close to us. It is wonderful to get to spend these special days with them!

We brought flowers to church for the cross. It was a beautiful but HOT day!

After church, we headed back to the house to enjoy an Easter/Birthday lunch! Mom (Parish) always does a great job at creating a delicious spread for celebrations....or just an ordinary Sunday
She also sets the most beautiful tables.  I just loved the daisy dishes. So festive for Easter and Spring. She even created cute little napkin rings with decorative Easter Eggs!

There was a mini vanilla cake for us to share. The perfect size for four....and a half. Heehee.

 One of the neatest gifts from Mom and Dad (Parish) was my new sewing kit! Every Mama should have one and mine came complete with all the tools needed to mend, hem and otherwise keep my little man put together!
 The big surprise was from my sweet husband. When we got married, we decided not to spend much on our wedding bands and consider upgrading at a later time. We each had a simple band from James Avery.  For my birthday, Chip upgraded my wedding band to this beautiful white gold, sapphire and diamond band! My engagement ring no longer fits (sniff sniff) due to my expanding pregnant joints but he made sure to not have this ring sized so that I can fit into it now! I can't wait until my fingers shrink back down so I can see how beautiful it is with my engagement ring!
 Another great gift was my teething necklace! I was so excited to receive the necklace AND matching bracelet! I know Elijah and I will both enjoy our time spent together putting this necklace to good use!
 For the past few months, I have really wanted to go swimming. The closest I have come is long baths in our garden tub. Well, since it was so warm and beautiful on Easter, we went over to Trish and Rick Warner's house (Parish family friends) and took a dip! It was so great to be weightless for a bit! I really think we need a pool in our next house.  This mama was not shy about baring the belly!


It was really one of the best birthdays I can remember. Thank you to my loving husband and amazing in laws for making the day so special

No comments:

Post a Comment