03 March 2012

A Fabulous Baby Shower!


My amazing best friend and sister at heart, Heather, threw us a beautiful shower with the help of my equally amazing mother in law, Janet. It was a perfect Saturday afternoon full of friends and family, some who traveled great distances to be there for us.  The theme was Winnie The Pooh, which also happens to be the theme for our nursery.  It was amazing day and we were overwhelmed with the outpouring of love we felt from everyone.
Everywhere we I looked there was fabulous "Pooh" decor! And check out that diaper cake made by my very creative friend, Krisin!
Seeing Elijah's name everywhere warms my heart and makes me more certain that  name was meant for him
We were overwhelmed by all the gifts that were given to help us get a great start with our little man!
The amazing shower cake made by the same Parish family friend who made Chip's groom's cake!
There is always an impressive spread of delicious food when Heather entertains!

The adorable table full of party favors created by Mom Parish.  The piglet was donated by my adorable God son, Jadon!
Yummy blue punch to celebrate our boy!
Chip and I had been looking forward to this day of celebration
Cathy and Brianna flew in from New Jersey especially for the occasion!
My favorite little girl, Kyleigh, made a special appearance!
Elijah's Aunt Brianna was one of the lucky winners of a shower game!
So wonderful to have so much love from family and friends.  Kristie even manager to come just 6 days before she had her baby, Layla!
Apparently Rita cannot believe how big my baby bump is. 
Granny thought I was a bit bigger than I was......
We chose to make this day more special by asking Heather to do us the honor of being Elijah's Godmother. 
We also presented Elijah's Grandma with a small token of our appreciation for all she did for the shower and does for us . 
Chip is all ready to use the beautiful personalized burp cloths!
This sign, made by my wonderful and creative friend, Jessica, is so special to me and will  go right above Elijah's crib. 
Fuzzibunz cloth diapers! Now we are all set for our cloth diapering adventure!
One of the gifts from my awesome cousin, Susie, is my son's first Cure shirt! They just happen to be my very favorite band! Such a cool gift!
Chip had a favorite too....a stuffed Col. Reb doll! Hotty Toddy!
Made by Jessica, who truly understands my heart. "So Worth The Wait"...so true.....
Not even born yet and already, he is my little star
This is the beautiful Classic Pooh quilt made by Chip's sister, Virginia
Jadon was an excellent helper! There were a lot of presents to open!
Jadon knew he would get good hugs from Elijah's Grandma!
Check out that baby bump! 
Chip had fun opening the huge box which turned out to be a fabulous 4 in 1 high chair from Rick and Trish!
Some of the Parish ladies
The sweetest mother in law ever created!
More like a sister than a cousin
It was an amazing day.....and I was ready to put my feet up.......


2 comments:

  1. I love the pic with the burp cloth!! So happy that you liked them!! natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, they are beautiful and so thoughtful, my sweet friend. I can't wait to see what the upcoming months bring for us both.

    ReplyDelete