16 February 2020

Becoming A Family of Five: Post I - Getting Ready

 

On February 16, 2020, after a year together, then 11 apart, then a little over 3 together again, we became the Crochet family! I have dreamed of marrying this man and we had a very unique, meticulous and intentional manner of planning our wedding. In the end, we created a beautiful fairytale love letter wedding for one another and our boys! 

Everything from the rehearsal dinner, to the ceremony, the reception and the lodging took place at Historic Hill House and Farm. I discovered the property after Tony and I had already narrowed our venue selection down to two beautiful choices. In fact, the first tour at Hill House, I did by myself. They were just starting to build the ballroom barn but the moment I pulled up I knew that this was our place. It had elements of both of us individually as well as us as a couple. The main house reminded me of the classic architecture I grew up around in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. The house built in the mid 1800's had original windows which have the wavy look that windows get as they dramatically age. The twos barns being used to build the venue were antique barns, one from Pennsylvania and were being reassembled using the original pegs (not nails, pegs!) which I knew would appeal to Tony. The 149 acres of property and secluded appealed to us both. And not only did the property suit us perfectly, but we ended up suiting the owners vision as well. As soon as he saw Tony's website,  he wanted to meet Tony to discuss contracting his services. (But more on that later). 


 The guys "getting ready" area was the pool house. I had spent the night before on property and our three boys had gone home with Tony then spent the pre ceremony time, mostly hanging out with the guys. Tony did an amazing job getting them ready for the big day!





Tony even did a little last minute sewing for Elijah!

Each boy had a unique tuxedo to match his personality





They loved getting to wear their "I love you , son" pocket watches that Tony and I had given them the night before at the rehersal dinner


My handsome groom getting himself ready now that the boys were dressed. 

And now time for finishing touches on vows!


Meanwhile at the main house.....


Everyone was chasing me down because I was still putting finishing touches on the decor....




Last minute toe touch ups


My amazing bridesmaid, Morgan snuck over to the guys to put the boutonniere on her guy, groomsman, Jim. 


Jim apparently put boutonnieres on everyone else. 

 













Morgan spent about a quarter of the day under my dress



TJ looking all handsome and gentleman like


Elijah was so thrilled with his new pocket watch

It was a whirlwind of a morning, especially since I was up until 5am decorating for the big day. Thank goodness for the adrenaline  that comes with the excitement and anticipation of marrying your best friend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment