02 February 2016

Rory and Patrick's Two By Two Noah's Ark Party!


Ever since I found out that I would be a mama to twins, I knew I wanted to incorporate the Two by Two Noah’s ark theme into their second birthday party. When my Valentines Baby’s (Due date 2/14) ended up making their appearance on 2/2, that theme seemed even more appropriate. Though, they will always be my Valentines babies, since their due date was Valentine’s day and our sweet little Patrick came home from the NICU in Valentine’s Day.  That heart theme will likely always be in some way represented in their future birthday celebrations.
THE DÉCOR AND FOOD
I am a bit obsessive when it comes to theme. This year I relaxed a little and was a bit more minimal….well minimal compared to what I usually do.  I think the twins really enjoyed what we did.  I set up the décor after they went to bed the night before and one of the best parts of the day was when the kids came downstairs in the morning and all exclaimed “WOOOOOOWWWWW” at the same time. It’s moments like those that make the work worth while!

Our downstairs was covered in rainbows.
We had our own little “flood” on the wall. And animals, animals everywhere.
THE ROLLER COASTER
One of the highlights of the day was the roller coaster my parents sent all three boys. It was all ready to go the morning of the party and everyone had a blast taking turns flying down the track. Patrick was not into it at first but by the end of the day even he was a little daredevil!


THE PARTY
We had a really great turnout for our party. There were lots of friends, family, tons of kiddos and I know all the kids, especially ours, had a blast!













No comments:

Post a Comment